[gmx-users] "C compiler accepts -mavx512f... no" (error compiling)

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 22:53:07 CET 2016

Hi,

The fftw auto download now uses the new 3.3.5 version, which supports
avx512 SIMD, but I guess they and we haven't tested the aspect of whether
it's configure by works with gcc that is too old. To work around, you can
build fftw yourself, or use one from your distro, or use a newer gcc
version.

Mark