[gmx-users] qm/mm LA not found

Groenhof, Gerrit ggroenh at gwdg.de
Tue Nov 8 19:08:09 CET 2016

Hi,

I could reproduce your problem and may know the reason.

I had not realised you were using Gromos force field. Normally one uses the gb_XX defines after each pair of bonded atoms to inform grompp of the values the bond parameters. See for example how it is done in your topol.top.

Without information (i.e. bond distance and force constant) in the topology file, grompp cannot proceed.

You wrote it worked for 'pure' MM. I suppose that in that .itp file there are defines (gb_XX) or explicitly included values for bond length and force constant?

Best,

Gerrit

That's strange indeed. You showed a copy from the bonded section.

Which was line 133? bond 24-23?

The linkatom is defined as a virtual site and has no mass?

I can only guess, but perhaps if I can see the input files, I may understand quicker what goes wrong here.

Best,

gerrit

Hi Gerrit,

yes, grompp complains only about bond type 1. It gives only error for
lines where the bond types are described, nothing about angle or torsion
types.
I was able to run normal MM, as well as QM/MM if I get the whole
cofactor in QM
region, meaning if all bond types in cofactor are type 5 it runs without
problems.

Greetings
Sylwia

Message: 5