[gmx-users] Question regarding error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 10 16:49:00 CET 2016

On 11/10/16 2:32 AM, Marko Sever wrote:
> Why would such a command:
>
> gmx pdb2gmx -f system.pdb -i /home/bla/charmm36chol_psm_dopc.ff/PSM.itp -o systemprocessed.gro -water tip3p -ignh -ff charmm36chol_psm_dopc
>
> give me the following error:
>
> Fatal error:
> Residue 'PSM' not found in residue topology database
>

> If I pointed it to the PSM.itp file?

The -i option is output (check the help information), and pdb2gmx does not read
.itp/.top files at all.

> What is the procedure to manually add the includes into the .top and yet generate the .gro file of the system? Is there any alternative to pdb2gmx or should I use that...
> I got .itp files for the system from Charmm GUI.

If you already got topology files from CHARMM-GUI, why are you running pdb2gmx?
CHARMM-GUI has done the work for you, and should have provided you with complete
GROMACS-compatible coordinate, topology, and .mdp files.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore