[gmx-users] Request on initial velocities

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:56:56 CET 2016

Hi,

The vv integrators write velocities on the full step, but those in the .tpr
file are interpreted as occurring on the previous half step (which is
consistent with how the leap-frog integrators start up). So a half-step of
integration (ie. of velocities) takes place before any trajectory output is
written. For vv, all the trajectory output is on-step. For leapfrog,
positions are on step and velocities trailing by a half step.

Mark

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 5:59 PM Riccardo Conte <riccardo.conte1 at unimi.it>