[gmx-users] Wrong pressure with rigid water

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:33:41 CET 2016

Hi,

That's not what I suggested you need to think about. Lots of things go into
making a useful physical model, and the fact that so far you think the
pressure is OK is only a tiny part of that. You chose a force field that
was parametrized to work with rigid water. If you use it with something
else, then the burden of proof is on you that your eventual observations
will be a valid model.

Also 750 bar +/- 1000 or with large drift would not be a significant
observation. But only you know these things. Also, you could well have
chosen a volume that is too small because you didn't measure pressure
appropriately during the end of your equilibration phase.

Mark