[gmx-users] PBC issues with membrane-peptide simulation

Abhi Acharya abhi117acharya at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:04:21 CET 2016

Dear users,

Well, I have found another solution for avoiding the diffusion through the
periodic boundary in such simulations. Hope this is helpful to others doing
similar work.

Basically, the idea is to apply a biasing potential to the COM of the
peptides to pull them towards the membrane so as to ensure interaction with
the lipid bilayer. Thereafter, normal production simulations can be
performed on the peptide membrane complex. See the following paper:

Li, J., Liu, S., Lakshminarayanan, R., Bai, Y., Pervushin, K., Verma, C.,
and Beuerman, R.W. (2013). Molecular simulations suggest how a branched
antimicrobial peptide perturbs a bacterial membrane and enhances
permeability. Biochim. Biophys. Acta *1828*, 1112–1121.

Best Regards,
Abhishek Acharya