[gmx-users] Regarding trjconv

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 17 16:19:35 CET 2016

On 11/17/16 10:13 AM, Apramita Chand wrote:
> Dear All,
> Thanks for your explanation, Erik. I just want to know whether applying
> trjconv will affect my calculations of other values like radial
> distribution functions ,hydrogen bond properties.
> Before applying trjconv,my protein molecule appears to be shifted partly
> out of the box . Should I be applying trjconv in this situation before
> calculation of properties? Is it necessary at all?

Nearly all GROMACS tools handle PBC automatically.  Only position-dependent
properties like RMSD, RMSF, covariance, etc. are impacted by not accounting for
PBC.  Anything related to distances like RDF, H-bonds, etc. requires no
correction, but even if you do use trjconv, the results should come out the same.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore