[gmx-users] Production run before starting Pulling

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 28 14:35:55 CET 2016

On 11/28/16 5:03 AM, faride badalkhani wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> I want to perform center of mass pulling simulations on a
> nanostructure-drug structure. I performed MD simulations on the
> nanostructure for 30 ns and it equilibrated well. then I docked the drun
> into the nanostructure using Auto Dock Vina software. Now I want to know if
> I should perform minimization, equilibration and production run on the
> nanostructure-drug complex again. When I run MD simulations on the

Yes.

> nanostructure-drug complex obtained from docking, drug position changes
> significantly.

As should be expected.  Docking relies on lots of crude assumptions about the
absence of water and conformational rigidity, which are of course not true in MD.

> Actually, what is the best approach for finding the starting configuration
> for pulling?

Run the simulation out and characterize the dominant binding mode(s).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore