[gmx-users] restarting the crashed run

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 08:33:13 CEST 2016

Hi,

The default name for that file is confout.gro, which it will be unless you
chose a different name with

gmx mdrun -c nvt.gro

or

gmx mdrun -deffnm nvt

However, you can sometimes
get slightly better results by using

gmx grompp -c whatever -p topol -t nvt.cpt -f npt -o npt

because now the box, coordinates and velocities are read at full precision
from the nvt checkpoint, unlike when you read the npt gro file.

Mark