[gmx-users] Different Results with Different Platforms

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:48:45 CEST 2016

Hi,

This sounds totally normal. Individual MD trajectories are only
reproducible if you take great pains to make them so, and that is typically
not a relevant objective (and definitely not implemented for GROMACS on
GPUs). If you're trying to do an ergodic sampling, then that's the thing
you want to reproduce. But if a single trajectory hasn't done such
sampling, wanting to reproduce it doesn't address the real issue that that
trajectory was an observation of low significance. You could e.g. run again
on your old cluster with a different set of initial velocities, and I
expect you will observe divergence. You see to have gotten "lucky" to miss
that on the first time you repeated the work. See also
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Reproducibility

Mark