[gmx-users] Different Results with Different Platforms

jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 02:25:03 CEST 2016

That is not a bug. The idea of NVT is it keeps your volume constant not
your pressure. In theory the pressure should stay fairly constant for a
given temperature as the solvent pushes against the boundaries or itself
to a fairly constant extent that depends on its velocities. I have not
however heard of anyone usually pressure coupling (NPT) for equilibration
only but I imagine it should work. You'd probably be best to keep the
velocities to be sure rather than generating them again. Did you not use
the same mdp files in the same order on all machines?

Best wishes
James