[gmx-users] mail regarding installation of geomacs5.1.2

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 6 15:36:02 CEST 2016

On 10/6/16 9:13 AM, subramanian vidhyasankar wrote:
> Dear mark and justin sir
>                                          Thank you for your previous reply
> I installed successfully the gromacs5.1.2 But my bin directory does not
> contain any executable files
> *it contains tool  gmx_d only*
>
> When i run the following command
>
> *./gmx_d g_select_d -h*
>
> i  got the  error as follows
> *Segmentation fault (core dumped)*
>
> i have used the following commands while configuring
>
> * cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DREGRESSIONTEST_DOWNLOAD=ON
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/gromacs512 -DGMX_DOUBLE=on*
> make
> make install
>

> it would be helpful what mistake i have committed  during installation

Please search the archive and read the release notes.  This exact topic came up
just a few days ago.  My tutorials have also been updated for the tool name
changes that were introduced in 5.0 and made permanent in 5.1.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore