[gmx-users] Problem with gmx genion

Live King vikasdubey1008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:11:12 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am using martini polarisble FF and I have generated mixed lipid bilayer
containing (DOPC-DOPS).
I am trying to neutralise  the system by adding NA using this commnad

*gmx genion -s ions.tpr -o ionized.gro -p topol.top -pname NA -nname CL
-neutral*

I replace PW (water molecules) with NA and system gets successfully
neutralised. My bilayer bilayer is fully symmetric but the distribution of
ions generated by genion is not.

See the VMD output.

*set sel [atomselect top "resname NA and z > 79"]*

*atomselect0*

* $sel num*

*17*

set sel [atomselect top "resname NA and z < 79"]

atomselect2

 $sel num

15

Just to confirm that my bilayer is symmetric.

set sel [atomselect top "resname DOPS and z < 79"]

atomselect4

 $sel num

192

set sel [atomselect top "resname DOPS and z > 79"]

atomselect5

$sel num

192

Is it a potential bug in genion or am I doing something wrong  ?

Thanks,

Vikas