[gmx-users] gmx mdrun restart

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:59:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

You're doing too much work. If you want appending (and generally you
should, because all of our checks stop you making several of the many
available silly errors :-) ), don't name each stage differently. Once
you've forced it to write .edr files that are separate, then you have to
use the concatenation tools, and that gets you a naive concatenation.
(Though I suspect mdrun -append will still give you these extra frames,
because the previous -maxh meant that a checkpoint and an energy frame got
written at that arbitrary point of the simulation.)

Mark