[gmx-users] RMSDs between pairs of frames in 2 trajectories

Abramyan, Tigran tigran at email.unc.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:00:01 CEST 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to check the convergence between two trajectories. For that at each time t I am comparing two frames, frame1-traj1 vs frame1-traj2, etc. As far as I understand the following gromacs command should do what I need:

g_rms -f traj1.xtc -f2 traj2.xtc -s protein.tpr -m rmsd-matrix.xpm -dt 10

Please let me know:

(1)  If this command will do what I want.

(2)  If I need the .tpr file of the second trajectory via -s2  (should be the same .tpr file, correct?).

(3)  What is the fastest way to select only a range of residues/atoms for such comparison?

Thanks,

Best,

Tigran

--
Tigran M. Abramyan, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Computational Biophysics & Molecular Design
Email:  tigran at email.unc.edu