[gmx-users] Dielectric constant

Thejus Kartha thejuskartha at ymail.com
Fri Oct 21 02:58:39 CEST 2016

Hello there.
While calculating the dielectric constant of a mixture of dioxane in water, I am getting really absurd values- a 1% solution has about 101. The command I've been using is the following:

gmx dipoles -f sol1ns2.trr -s sol1ns2.tpr -o dipac.xvg -eps diel_1.xvg -a muavers.xvg -d dipdist.xvg -P 1 -corr mol -c dipcorr.xvg
Can you tell me where I'm going wrong? And also, if I add the additional option of -epsilonRF 78 with it, the value shoots up to more than 200. How come?
Many thanks,
Thejus Kartha