[gmx-users] Dielectric constant

Thejus Kartha thejuskartha at ymail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:48:35 CEST 2016

Well, Dr. Lemkul, I tried using:
gmx trjconv -pbc whole

on the .trr file of my previous output. But, running the dipoles command on this new whole molecules system doesn't give any different results. The value I get is exactly the same. So, what is to be done? Thanks in advance.
Thejus Kartha

    On Friday, 21 October 2016 7:55 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

Please keep the discussion on the list.

On 10/20/16 10:20 PM, Thejus Kartha wrote:
> Yes, Dr. Lemkul. I have done a complete simulation set. I don't think there's
> anything wrong with the molecules as such.

mdrun writes broken molecules (across PBC).  You need to make them whole again
with trjconv before doing analysis that depends on the positions of the charges.

-Justin