[gmx-users] mpi.h fatal error.

Anna Vernon lappala.anna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:57:37 CEST 2016

After a gazillion useful and draining installs and cmakes for a week
now,I have this issue. My plan is to install gromacs 5.1.2 with a plumed
patch, because no matter what I did to gromacs2016, it would not even
recognise plumed although the patch had been applied. Anyhow,

/home/anna/Downloads/gromacs-5.1.2/src/gromacs/utility/gmxmpi.h:61:17:
fatal error: mpi.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/build.make:933: recipe for target
'src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/commandline/cmdlineinit.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: ***
[src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/commandline/cmdlineinit.cpp.o]
Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2026: recipe for target
'src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have looked through the forum, nothing to solve this issue either.

Regards

Anna