[gmx-users] Structure Breaking during minimization

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:06:50 CEST 2016

On 10/25/16 10:02 AM, Apramita Chand wrote:
> Dear All,
> I'm trying to incorporate charges and topology obtained from ATB server for
> taurine into GROMOS53a6 ff by copying into my local working directory and
> adding information in the .rtp file. All other commands work smoothly but
> after energy minimzation, except for the NH3+ group, all the other bonds
> are broken and individual atoms are just scattered randomly.
> What could be the reason?

Without seeing your full .rtp entry, it's impossible to say.  Your topology
defines bonds between the atoms as expected, right?

> I have taken the pdb file from ATB server and generated the .itp file too.
> From there, I have taken the charges and the bonded parameters like
> bonds,angles I'm assigning the gromos types which are sometimes different
> from what has been given in the .itp file. Is it wrong? Should I add new
> bonded parameters too in the ffbonded.itp?

grompp complains if there are missing parameters.  If you didn't get a fatal
error, the parameters you need are already present.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore