[gmx-users] mdrun_mpi performance

Steve Seibold stevesei at ymail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:34:16 CEST 2016

HelloI finally got my mpi gromacs 5.0.4 installed and running (thank you Justin!).

The problem is that the mdrun_mpi is running at 0.55ns/day on my quad-core 2.8 GHz computer while on my quad-core 2.0 GHz computer it is running 6.0ns/day. On both computers I am using all threads. The only difference between the two computers is that the 2.0 GHz computer is running Gromacs 5.1 without the mpi version and the 2.8 GHz computer is running 5.0.4 and the mpi version...
Both computers are not running GPU and both are intel Xeon cpu processors...
I have looked up "load imbalance" etc and nothing seems to help...
What is my problem???
Thanks, Steve