[gmx-users] Md simulation error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Oct 30 01:44:30 CEST 2016

On 10/29/16 5:04 AM, maria khan wrote:
> Thanks  alot  Justin A. Lemkulfor your strong concern.
> can you please guide me in conforming protonation states for residues.im
> new user of gromacs for simulation.

Start with some basic tutorials that show you how everything works in good systems.

Then consult the manual about what the force field files contain and what they
do, particularly the .rtp files, which define required residue nomenclature.
Then you will see how your file does not conform to what the force field
requires.  Of course, the simplest solution is to do what pdb2gmx says and use
-ignh to have the H atoms rebuilt with the proper names.  Many programs and
structural databases do not conform to standard nomenclature, which prevents
pdb2gmx (or any topology-generating software, it's not like this is just a
GROMACS problem) from working properly.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629