[gmx-users] LINCS warming, but continued EM

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Oct 30 01:46:07 CEST 2016

On 10/29/16 7:44 AM, Mijiddorj Batsaikhan wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Thank you very much for your all helps.
>
> (1) How can I easily reduce these clashes? Is there any good software?

You're using it.  The point of energy minimization is to relax the structure.
It just so happens that you have some nasty ones.

> (2) from geometrical view, EM.gro structure looks fine. However, there are
> many individual protons separated from Lipid molecules. Is this usual?

Depends on the distance.  Visualization software typically renders bonds based
on assumptions about bond lengths.  If the X-H bonds are actually longer than
they should be, then your topology is probably wrong or the initial bad geometry
caused distortion of the structure that couldn't be resolved.  Typically, the
result will be bad forces that do not converge below a sane tolerance, though.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore