[gmx-users] Orienting molecule in a correct direction

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Oct 30 05:20:36 CET 2016

On 10/30/16 12:03 AM, faride badalkhani wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to define z axis as the reaction coordinate in a series of umbrella
> sampling simulations. As a first step, I use the editconf -prince to orient
> the ligand along the x axis and then I change the x and z columns in an

x and z columns of what?  If you have an orientation aligned along x, and you
want it aligned along z, it's a simple use of editconf -rotate 0 90 0

> editor. But, every time I get error at pulling step. Could you tell me what
> is wrong?

No, because you haven't told us what the exact error is and all the steps you
took in between.  There's a lot of work that goes on between setting up an
orientation and actually running a simulation.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore