[gmx-users] QM/MM simulations

Clinton King clintonking36 at chem.byu.edu
Wed Sep 7 21:14:27 CEST 2016

I'm still working on the same problem I mentioned below. I'm trying to
verify that I'm getting the right information out of Gromacs to send over
to Gaussian (the input.com file). I might be misreading the "gau" script (
http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~ggroenh/gau), but I think it's saying that there
should be two coordinate sections: the first section should contain the
cartesian coordinates for the QM atoms, while the second section should
contain the coordinates for the MM atoms as a field of point charges.

I was attempting to simulate octanol in water solvent. The octanol atoms
are to be treated by QM. I am pasting the body of the file in below. I can
see that the MM coordinates were not included in the file. Has anyone seen
this problem before?

%chk=input
%mem=1215752192
%subst l701 /fslhome/crk9/gromacs_src/modlinks/l701
%subst l301 /fslhome/crk9/gromacs_src/modlinks/l301
%subst l9999 /fslhome/crk9/gromacs_src/modlinks/l9999
#P  DFT/3-21G*
Nosymm units=bohr
FORCE Punch=(Derivatives) iop(3/33=1)

input-file generated by gromacs