[gmx-users] high pressure and temperatures: force field parameters

Mohsen Ramezanpour ramezanpour.mohsen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:27:47 CEST 2016

Hi Sotirios,

I totally agree with what you said. However, I am not interested in
breaking bonds or forming bonds (e.g. in plasma case)

To clarify the question, here is an example:

How if you want to check the effect of high temperature on protein
structure (folding and unfolding problem)? Or if you want to do a simulated
annealing! How much are you allowed to raise the temperature?!
(for now, lets assume unfolding and folding can happen in allowed time
scales. Lets focus on ff validity for a moment)

Is the ff developed for proteins are valid in high temperatures? We know
they are working well in physiological range. However, there are some cases
of interest where high T happens.

Hope it is clear now. The same for pressure.

Cheers
Mohsen