[gmx-users] Initial cell size is smaller than the cell size limit

Faust SHI shi86 at wisc.edu
Sat Sep 10 20:56:24 CEST 2016

Hi Sir,

When I just run my simulation after I use grompp to convert tpr file, the error occurs that "Fatal error: The initial cell size (4.180000) is smaller than the cell size limit (11.011738), change options -dd, -rdd or -rcon, see the log file for details”. Do you have any idea about what causes this error or what controls the cell size limit so that I can make it match the initial cell size?
Thanks a lot!

Yours sincerely,
Faust