[gmx-users] Fwd: protein getting unfolded in SPC/E water

João Henriques joao.henriques.32353 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:54:49 CEST 2016

Dear Soumadwip,

Justin already answered your questions. In short: make a DSSP map in order
to prove that secondary structure is indeed being lost. Visual inspection
is not sufficient (and most likely plain wrong). The RMSD and Rg will
naturally fluctuate. Unless the fluctuations are of too high magnitude or
irreversible (denaturation), there may be no problem at all.

Best regards,
João