[gmx-users] Unknown bond_atomtype CAY

Sameer Edirisinghe nootsam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 04:14:55 CEST 2016

Dear Dr. Justin,

If the bond types have not added, following errors occuring with grompp,

1) ERROR 1 [file topol.top, line 108]:
  No default Bond types

2) ERROR 2 [file topol.top, line 168]:
  No default Angle types

3) ERROR 3 [file topol.top, line 426]:
  No default Ryckaert-Bell. types

Atom types are seems to be correct as i derived them from atomtype.atp
file.

If the interaction don't cover by the force field, how can I define them in
ffbonded.itp file ?

Regards

On Sep 19, 2016 3:57 AM, "Justin Lemkul" <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 9/18/16 2:26 PM, Sameer Edirisinghe wrote:
>
>> Dear Dr. Justin,
>>
>> Now i can understand what what i have mistaken there. How can i derive
>>  [bondtypes]
>> for bonds i have used in .rtp file ?
>>

> Determine if you need to in the first place.  If grompp gives you errors
> about missing parameters, first verify that your choice of atom types is
> correct. Then, if there are in fact interactions that the force field
> doesn't cover:
>
> 1. Make sure your choice of force field was appropriate
> 2. Parametrize them in a manner consistent with the parent force field
>
> -Justin
>
> Regards
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> On 9/18/16 2:06 PM, Sameer Edirisinghe wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Dr. Justin,

>>> You added an atom name in ffbonded.itp - this makes no sense and you
>>> cannot do it.  Bonded and nonbonded interactions are defined by type.
>>>
>>> You must use atom names only in .rtp files, because the .rtp entry tells
>>> pdb2gmx which atoms are bonded, and how.  You can't do that by type
>>> because
>>> that is not a unique way to identify connectivity.  The list of [bonds]
>>> in
>>> the .rtp just tells pdb2gmx which atoms are connect, it is separate from