[gmx-users] Varying results due to parallel processing (1 node versus 2 nodes)

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:21:10 CEST 2016

Hi,

This is normal. mdrun trajectories are not reproducible by default, and
reproducing any single trajectory is not generally useful. For example, you
will see similar variation if you run each of those again with different
starting velocities. Any single trajectory is questionable, and you now
have evidence to show that your system hasn't converged this observable on
the 100 ns timescale. You need more of them, or longer simulations,
depending what you are trying to observe.

Mark