[gmx-users] Do I need position restraint for umbrella sampling?

Yoo Chan Myung yuchan.m at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 07:35:37 CEST 2016

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your advice.

I tried to restraint the wandering peptides, because umbrella MD results showed 'missing z=0.? ‘ errors when I run WHAM analysis.

If I narrow the sampling space from 0.2nm to 0.1nm for umbrella MD simulation, could it be a better way to solve the ‘missing z=0.?’ errors than using position restraint to keep the wandering peptides in there position according to their initial z coordinates?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Yoochan