[gmx-users] Free Energy of Binding Question

Abdülkadir KOÇAK kocak at gtu.edu.tr
Wed Sep 21 14:00:35 CEST 2016

Sorry for the time difference in work hours. I meant only for the relative binding energies, in which I am now sure that I do not need ligand in water calculation... Since I have the co-crystals of both MUT and WT, it is not simply point mutation... So I tent to choose 1st option you mentioned...

That helps me a lot...

If I get it correct, my calculations gave me only one part of the absolute binding free energies belonging to:

Lig-WT (solv) --> WT(solv)+Lig(vac)

      State A      -->        State B

(which still lacks of Lig(vac)-->Lig(solv) calculation for the absolute binding free energy... This should bring a bias for the absolute binding free energy... Since the same bias will come from MUT vs WT, I think I do not need this calculation for comparison)

In terms of endstates, the state A is the real ligand complexed with Protein in water... I did not define dummy atoms for the ligand as the state B, which I believe I should have... And I think this makes my calculation wrong! I need to go over again for the complex topology preparation...

Thanks again