[gmx-users] g_membed failure

Sophia Kuriakidi skyriakidi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 19:36:45 CEST 2016

Thank you for your responses!

Sotirios:"Also the way this worked for me was to use an index file. I made
an index of the prot + lig + crystallographic waters and I used it in both
grompp and g_membed. In the latter I just used the group and then selected
the POPC. You must also include the group's name in the mdp in order for it
to work."
I also have grouped the ligand with the protein (but not any waters) and I
included the index in the mdp file.

Thomas:"My guess is that you probably also have an older version of the
g_membed program installed on your system and as you are trying to use a
more recent tpr (from version 5.1.2), this might be what is causing the
segmentation fault. That said, if I try a tpr from GROMACS 5.0.6 with
g_membed 4.5.7 it does give me a warning about a mismatch of versions so I
could be wrong (but what you say you are doing shouldn't be possible)."

It seems that this is the case because I am using 5.1.2. How could I
resolve this problem? How coould I use g_membed in 5.1.2? Or how I could
alternatively insert my protein into a membrane bilayer?

Thanks again!