[gmx-users] Protein Drug simulation Parameters

tasneem kausar tasneemkausar12 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:06:59 CEST 2016

I have modified the trajectory running the trjconv command in three steps.
First trjconv is with -pbc whole, second is -pbc nojump with respect to
first frame and third is centering the the protein and drug. the output of
first step is provided as input in the second step and so on. When I am
calculating the RMSD of C-alpha atom for protein and C-alpha atom of
protein+drug their RMSD plot overlaps. However mmpbsa energy calculated
from this trajectory shows positive binding energy.
As RMSD plot of protein and protein+drug overlap suggests stable binding of
drug with protein then why the mmpbsa energy is positive and vice versa and
what is the reason behind it. I did not do -pbc cluster and -ur compact
with the trajectory as I am getting nice trajectory with these three option
on visualization.  Moreover I wish someone should give me some reading
materials on use of pbc options and its influence on binding energy.

>>> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_