[gmx-users] gmx mdrun

Neha Gupta nehaphysics17 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 10:23:07 CEST 2017

Hi gromacs users,

I am using Gromacs 5.1.1 in windows cygwin.

When I run long calculations my CPU switches off automatically (just before
writing the coordinate file .gro) . How to prevent this and ensure
longevity of CPU?

Running on 1 node with total 8 logical cores
Hardware detected:
  CPU info:
    Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Brand:  AMD FX-8370E Eight-Core Processor
    Family: 21  model:  2  stepping:  0

I also observed these in log file

SIMD instructions most likely to fit this hardware: AVX_128_FMA
 SIMD instructions selected at GROMACS compile time: SSE4.1

Binary not matching hardware - you might be losing performance.
SIMD instructions most likely to fit this hardware: AVX_128_FMA
SIMD instructions selected at GROMACS compile time: SSE4.1

The current CPU can measure timings more accurately than the code in gmx
was configured to use. This might affect your simulation speed as accurate
timings are needed for load-balancing.
Please consider rebuilding gmx with the GMX_USE_RDTSCP=ON CMake option.

Thanks,
Neha