[gmx-users] Protein ligand complex simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 3 13:51:12 CEST 2017

On 4/1/17 8:59 AM, RAHUL SURESH wrote:
> I followed the complex simulation tutorial. Minimisation for 2ns

FYI there is no time during energy minimization, so you did not do "2 ns" of
minimization.

> I used auto dock to dock ligand with protein. During simulation I find the
> ligand out of protein. Is that usual?

This is probably a periodicity effect.  There's no way during the course of
minimization that a ligand-protein complex can completely dissociate.  Use
trjconv to make sure you've properly re-imaged the system.  A simple recentering
should do it.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629