[gmx-users] LINCS

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 14:14:26 CEST 2017

Dear Neda,

I'm not sure I appreciate the ellipses after "thanks". After all, I took
some of my personal time - on a Sunday - to do your work and Google search
for the key words in your error message. Plus, I sent you the link and
pointed you to the right section, which contains a crystal clear
explanation of some of possible reasons for this error.

In any case, to avoid having someone think I am being purposely
condescending, I will tell you that your system cannot be decomposed into
the requested 16 MPI ranks. This is likely due to the fact that it is too
small and decomposing the simulation box into 16 parts would break one or
more of the following things: (i) the size of the largest charge group or
bonded interaction, (ii) the largest of rvdw, rlist and rcoulomb, or (iii)
other parameters associated with bond constraints. You need to experiment
using a lower number of MPI ranks. Then again, without any information
about your system, Gromacs version, etc, it is impossible to pinpoint the
exact reason.

Best regards,
/J