[gmx-users] Error during nvt: Not enough memory. Failed to allocate 3425307227 aligned elements of size 4 for grid->grid. What is happening

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 11 14:11:07 CEST 2017

On 4/10/17 8:12 AM, Li, J. wrote:
> This error appeared when I tried to do a NVT simulation. The simulation box
> is 768.00000 768.00000 768.00000 [nm**3], in which there are 90000 atoms.

There's got to be a ton of void space in that system.  90,000 atoms should fill
a box about 100,000 times smaller.

Regardless, the memory allocation indicates that it needs 12 GB but can't have
it, so you're just running out of memory.  Either build a smaller system or use
a machine with more memory.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629