[gmx-users] Heavy metals parameterisation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 11 15:05:01 CEST 2017

On 4/11/17 8:59 AM, Alex Mathew wrote:
> I'm looking something like this
>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2856166/
>
> Here the mercury bind to Cys residue and inhibiting the channel.

I suggest following a similar method to develop force field parameters, but
consistent with CHARMM, not AMBER (they use different QM approaches).  But note
that transition metals cause lots of problems in QM; some DFT methods work
better than MP2.  I'm working on some of this for our polarizable force field
and it is a major pain to find a consistent model chemistry that's both
sufficiently accurate and applicable to multiple ions.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore