[gmx-users] Fatal Error - XTC error - maybe you are out of disk space?

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 14 17:55:04 CEST 2017

Is this on your personal laptop or on a cluster? On a cluster, perhaps you have hit your user or group quota for file size or number of files (especially if you are running in $HOME or something). I have also seen this when there really should be space available, but the issue was (again on a large cluster) that what looked like a single large partiaion (e.g. $SCRATCH) was really a number of smaller partitions made to look the same and each user was put into a specifiec partition (though "df -h ." returned the space available on the entire collection) and therefore your partition could fill up with you having no way to know about it ... or at least this was my understanding from the sysAdmin. If it's on a cluster, email your sys admin. If it's your personal computer, then send us more information to prove that you have dish space so that we can see what the confusion is.