[gmx-users] restart a stopped simulation after a power failure? correct command

Adarsh V. K. adarsh_p130085bt at nitc.ac.in
Tue Apr 18 07:21:13 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I use Gromacs 5.1.4 for protein ligand simulation. How can I restart a
stopped simulation after a power failure?

I used the following command to restart the stopped simulation at 6.5 ns.

*mdrun -s md.tpr -cpi state.cpt*

Even Though the simulation appeared to be restarted successfully and
completed required 8.0 ns, the data analysis showed that the simulation was
stopped at 6.5ns...!!!. ( Not re-started from 6.5 ns and continued till 8.0
ns.)

how can I solve this problem?

Regards,
Adarsh V. K.