[gmx-users] Regarding finding orientation of angles of solvent with desired atom

Dilip H N cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in
Mon Apr 24 09:54:20 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have simulated amino acid (eg., glycine) with water solvent mixture in
gromacs..
my question is ..
1] How can i find out the solvent orientation (angle made) ie.,angle made
by water (HOH) with respect to alpha carbon of amino acid (eg.,
glycine)...??
2] I have tried with gmx sorient command ..it gives me five outputs..sori,
snor, sord, scum, scount. With sori (it gives from solvent orientation -
cos theta -1 to 0) and snor (it gives from solvent normal orientation - cos
theta 0 to 1) , but with what respect is it giving i am not able to
understand...
3] I wanted to calculate the angle formed between water (HOH) and alpha
carbon of glycine. but if it consider the .gro file, i can calculate the
angle for only the last frame... but i want to calculate the angle for the
full frame (tpr/trr). How can i do it ...Can anybody kindly help me
regarding this..

Thank you...

  <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=cy16f01.dilip@nitk.edu.in&idSignature=22>