[gmx-users] protein-ligand simmulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 26 16:16:40 CEST 2017

On 4/26/17 9:22 AM, Aman Deep wrote:
> I am trying to simulate protein-ligand complex simulation and I have
> followed the tutorial of Bevan lab but in energy minimization step it gives
> me this error...
>
> *Fatal error:*
> *Atom type CH1 not found*
> *For more information and tips for troubleshooting, please check the
> GROMACS*
>
> I have made drug.itp file from prodrug and include it in topol.top file but
> still it is giving me the error...

Likely you're trying to mix and match force fields, as CH1 is a valid type for
any GROMOS parameter set.

But don't use PRODRG; as the tutorial warns (and as I am on record a million
times over saying) the quality of those topologies is inadequate for MD
simulations.  You'll have to correct it significantly or use a better source of
parameters (manual reparametrization, ATB server, etc).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore