[gmx-users] Alchemical transformation position restrains for B state and citing literature for H-RETI

Hermann, Johannes J.Hermann at lrz.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 1 13:33:55 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I have two questions concerning MD free energy calculations:

1) (For some reasons) I want to restrain the backbone of my protein
during TI. However, I do not know to correctly generate position
restrains for the mutated B-state. If I use the position restrain file,
which I generated for the A state, following warning shows up:

WARNING 1 [file posre.itp, line 1470]:
   Some parameters for bonded interaction involving perturbed atoms are
   specified explicitly in state A, but not B - copying A to B

Can I ignore this warning, or do you have any suggestions for me?

2) I am using replica exchange ( -replex in the mdrun) during the free
energy thermodynamic integration MD simulation (H-RETI). Can someone
tell me the literature I should cite when I apply this?

All the best and thank you very much in advance

Johannes

--
*Technische Universität München*

Email: j.hermann at lrz.tum.de