[gmx-users] gromacs rerun calculate the energy

Varvdekar Bhagyesh Rajendra bhagyesh.varvdekar at research.iiit.ac.in
Tue Aug 1 22:43:11 CEST 2017

Dear Justin,

To get an estimate of the long range interactions in LIE calculations for protein-ligand binding energy calculations, is it reasonable to change the coulomb type to reaction-field zero instead of changing the rcoulomb from 1.0 nanometre to half of the water box, and the coulombtype from PME to cut-off ? If yes, what should be the rcoulomb with coulombtype = reaction-field zero ?

Also, instead of changing rcoulomb from 1.0 nanometre to half of the water box, does changing it to lets say the box length have better accuracy?

Thank you,

Bhagyesh