[gmx-users] CHARMM36 for GMX

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 21:50:31 CEST 2017

That's true, a lot of redundant stuff there and once again these are very
basic forcefield facts for what biochem folks do. In my case, I have a
bunch of very simple situations in crystal structures, but now I gotta use
CHARMM or AMBER (lipids!) and charge assignment (half the time perfectly
applicable to organic chemistry, yet entirely untouched in this field) in
those simple situations becomes a challenge, especially when they control
critical physics in the system. All in all, I hate reading detailed FF
documentation. However, so as not to post questions like a good 90% of what
we see on this board, I'm pretty sure I'll have to with CHARMM. I will do
my best not to contribute to the whole "please do my job for me" effort
here. :) As I told Mark, it is the developers' fault -- people use the
incorrect tool just because it is a great piece of software. Take it as a
compliment.

As always, thanks.

Alex