[gmx-users] AVX related compiler error during build with P100 RHEL7

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 03:10:59 CEST 2017

Hi,

Usually this means, like it says, that the linker isn't able to do the
required job. I don't know whether the stock RHEL 7.2 linker can, but I
imagine that's the issue. Usually using a devtoolset e.g.
https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/devtoolset-4/ is the way
to get a machine with useful tools on it rather than one with "stable" =
"old" tools, particularly when you want to use the latest hardware...

Mark