[gmx-users] Generating topology file for a long polymer chain

Mahsa E ebadi.mahsa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 02:36:17 CEST 2017

Hello Justin,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I followed what you suggested. Please correct me if I misunderstood;

1- I used acpype to generate the parameters (charges, atom types, and
bonded parameters) for the monomer, which create many files including
GMX_OPLS.itp , GMX_OPLS.top and GMX.gro files.

2- Then I build the dimer and used the conformer search in Marvin/Avogadro
to find the best conformer for the dimer (.xyz or .pdb).

3- The missing part for me is from this step. What should I do after
running acpype for the dimer ?
how to use the information from previous steps to generate the .itp file
for a longer chain of polymer (like 25 units)?

 Your kind help on this is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Mahsa