[gmx-users] CHARMM36 & Gromacs

Mateusz Marianski marianski at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Aug 17 16:19:40 CEST 2017

Dear All,

Seems like a trivial issue, but google is not helpful here. I intend to
run simulations of (branched) carbohydrates in GROMACS 5.x.x using
CHARMM36 FF (params from
http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/charmm_ff.shtml). In principle, all
building blocks are there, but I have no idea how to generate a topology
file that includes proper glycosidic linkages between the subunits. The
rtp file contains only 'complete' carbohydrates and I don't see any
hints about creating glycosidic bonds (linear or branched).

Any help (preferably some tutorial?) here?

Best,

Mateusz

--
Mateusz Marianski, PhD