[gmx-users] Regarding Unknown cmap torsion between atoms

Dilip H N cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in
Tue Aug 22 08:05:04 CEST 2017

1] in the line 8231 [ Unknown cmap torsion between atoms 8 10 12 15 18] it
is the diglycine peptide molecule only, it is stating the atomic numbers of
the diglycine molecule (8,10,12,15) and solute molecule (18)....
2] but one more problem is the Diglycine nitrogen and the solute containing
nitrogen are labelled as same (as N only)...
ie., atoms 8,10,12,15 (here atom 10 is N, and other atoms are  C, CA)
belong to diglycine and atom 18 belong to solute molecule of atom N, and
hence i am getting the error...i hope so....(But with other system tht i
ran had no [cmap] in topology and the atoms in the solute were labelled
differently....and ran correctly..)
3] So can  i remove/delete the [cmap] line .... (i tried removing cmap line
in topology..and thn with gmx grompp option it is workin fine..) does that
cause any error/manipulating the topology..etc..?? can i proceed removing
[cmap].... is thr any harm..?
4] I tried also with removing the last coloumn in [cmap] ie., removing 18,1
of am,funct..since as i told above the atom 18 is of the solute nitrogen
molecule which is labelled as same in the .rtp file in charmmFF, which is
causing the problems....since the gmx grompp is trying to bond wiht the
atom 18 N  which is solute and not Diglycine (since both N's are labelled
same)
[ cmap ]
;  ai    aj    ak    al    am funct
    8    10    12    15    18     1
and edited and got it as:-

[ cmap ]
;  ai    aj    ak    al
    8    10    12    15
and thn now if i run gmx grompp -f min.mdp -c mixture.gro -p topol.top -o
min.tpr
 it is showing:-
 WARNING 1 [file topol.top, line 8231]:
  Too few parameters on line (source file

/home/dilip/Downloads/gromacs-2016.2/src/gromacs/gmxpreprocess/toppush.cpp,
line 2198)
So i tried with gmx grompp -f min.mdp -c mixture.gro -p topol.top -o
min.tpr -maxwarn 2 , and now it is working fine...

So i have tried with different options..and i have discussed what i have
got..but are they the correct way...to proceed..??

Any suggestions are welcome...

Thank you...

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=cy16f01.dilip@nitk.edu.in&idSignature=22>