[gmx-users] Can I use slipids.ff + charmm36.ff to create a system?

Carlos Navarro carlos.navarro87 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:14:35 CEST 2017

Hi Mark,
I’ll look in more detail the literature regarding this situation.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Best,
Carlos

--
Carlos Navarro Retamal
Bioinformatic Engineering. PhD
E: carlos.navarro87 at gmail.com or cnavarro at utalca.cl

On August 23, 2017 at 10:23:03 AM, Mark Abraham (mark.j.abraham at gmail.com)
wrote:

Hi,

The emails have been arriving, but you're asking a complicated series of
questions. You need to find some literature that shows these protein and
lipid force fields were parameterized in a compatible way, and even then
you may need to show that you in fact get a physically reasonable result.
Only once you've got that sorted does integrating details like the atom
type descriptions into a hybrid forcefield folder become work worth doing.
We haven't written code to make "combine two *.ff folders" work smoothly,
because usually that's a nonsense operation...

Mark